Since I was young boy , I love making money and lots of it . But for little kids the only way to really get money was either from your parents , or doing small odd jobs for people , and from birthdays. Well when I turned 11 years old , my dad got me a job as a baseball umpire and I love it . It was a pretty hard job because you have to know all the general and safety rules for youth baseball . The rule book was over 225 pages long and that is a lot of information to memorize for a 11 year old boy , and the truth is I did not learn all of the rules until about my fifth year umpiring . The job is very hard because you have to deal with very very angry people yelling at you all day long . The job of umpiring baseball teaches you several very valuable life skills that will come in handy in the future . Umpiring baseball will teach you to be able to keep your cool and to think clearly understressfull situations . It also helps you create very good judgement so that when you are confronted by a situation you can think what happened over and you will be able to react very quickly and react the right way. But the most important life skill you learn from being a youth umpire is very good conflict resolution skills. You learn how address a problem and how to deescalate the situation so that all parties involved in the argument will be happy . My dream job is to be a firefighter and several skills that will help me be a good firefighter would be good judgement so that I will be able to react quickly and react the right way , and also good conflict resolutions skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment