My dream is to become a urban firefighter and in the past couple of days the opportunity to become one has come up. The Acrata Volunteer Fire Department is looking for some new firefighters and I jumped on that opportunity the very first chance I got because I knew this was a once in a life time opportunity that I could just not pass up . A volunteer firefighter does the same jobs that normal firefighters such as the following : emergency medical services , rescues , and putting out all different types of fires. The good thing about this volunteer program is that they are going to give me the training I need to become a career firefighter for free , if they didn't pay for it then it would cost me thousands of dollars. Also the Volunteer program will giving the experience needed to get hired as a full time payed firefighter right out of college. As of right now , I am going though the mandatory application and interview process . The next step will be to pass a comprehensive drug and medical screening along with a comprehensive back round check. Then I have to pass a very hard physical test to see if I have the physical requirements needed for the position .After I complete all of those steps , I can start my districts recruit orientation program which will teach me all of the skills i need to become a successful firefighter. Even though the volunteer firefighter position is a very big commitment , I am willing to commit to it because I know that if I do this , it will open many different career paths for me
No comments:
Post a Comment